Engage at Events
Cleantech Open Business CompetitionThe Cleantech Open Business Competition can accelerate the launch and growth of your company. Just by entering you’ll quickly gain access to a robust national network and the resources and support to help grow your solution idea into a successful, sustainable business.
The deadline to apply is May 24! Apply here!
Work with proven leaders!Since its inception in 2006, nearly 400 promising teams have availed themselves of the Cleantech Open’s one-of-a-kind hands-on workforce development, nurturing, and funding programs with impressive results:
- 461 companies have now completed the Cleantech Open’s programs and between them have raised over $300M in external private capital;
- Over 30% of More >
IEEE Power & Energy Society – Webcast Alert – July 26, 2010
Power and energy professionals from around the world are invited to participate in an important live webcast on Monday, July 26, 2010 from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM Central Time.
Held at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel on June 18-19, 2008, the conference once again took the lead as the annual event for the US renewable energy and finance industries. Over 700 senior decision makers from 450 companies and 20 countriesattended this flagship US event.
- An astounding 70% of the attendees are C-level (CEO, CFO, CTO, etc) , partners or managing directors; REFF-Wall Street is the deal makers event;
- The reputation of REFF-Wall Street and REFF-West is built on attracting the most senior individuals in financing and investment for the renewable energy sphere. People who control budgets, devise strategy and More >
Audience members may arrive 15 minutes in advance of this time. Tech Insider: Top 10 Clean Energy Business Opportunities – Design, Prototype, and Deploy Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM PT / 18:00 GMT (Duration: 1 hour)
IEEE Spectrum presents Build a Better Prototype webinars series by National Instruments.
Clean energy is one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the world, creating abundant opportunities for entrepreneurial engineers to develop new products More >
Put the power of knowledge behind your RETC transactions. Hear industry news and updates, hone your technical skills and spend two days exploring the many opportunities made available by the renewable energy tax credit program.
Who Should Attend?
- Investors and lenders
- Government agency officials
- Not-for-profit representatives
- Entrepreneurs and venture capitalists
Why You Should Attend?
- Hear from the industry’s foremost practitioners
- Take part in rich and timely discussions:
- A Washington report
- Current solar and wind developments and a forecast for the coming years
- How to stretch your project reach by pairing subsidies
- Develop relationships with active professionals
- Learn where to find and take advantage of the billions of dollars made available by the More >
Sept 16-17: #NIChE Workshop on Materials for Large-Scale Energy Storage | Council for Chemical Research
Energy storage on the megawatt scale is a significant technical and economic challenge. Power companies are working to develop market strategies to reliably deliver electricity and power when and where it’s needed and storage materials research efforts are growing fast. This workshop will delve into the end-use applications and market drivers for large-scale storage, the R&D efforts that are pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting some near-deployment technologies.
This event will be a unique opportunity to interact with key innovators and network with potential partners in solving today’s challenge of More >
June 17, 2010 City Manager Announces Finalists for Austin Energy General Manager
Contact: Communications and Public Information Office, (512) 974-2220
Austin City Manager Marc Ott has selected three people to advance to the final stage in the selection process for Austin Energy’s General Manager. The finalists, who will interview with multiple panels on June 30, include:
- Ronald Davis, General Manager, Burbank, Calif., Water and Power. Davis has 30 years of experience in the electric industry and has led Burbank Water and Power for the last 12 years. Burbank Water and Power is a municipal utility in urban Southern California with a 2009 budget of More >
Solar Leadership Summit presented by SolarTech Start date: April 21, 2010 End date: April 22, 2010
SolarTech, in collaboration with partnering organizations, is pleased to invite you to its second annual summit this spring in San Ramon, California. The Solar Leadership Summit is an interactive event bringing together hundreds of experts across many disciplines of the solar industry. We are honored to have a broader diversity of partners and supporting organizations to offer this landmark two-day event. Together we will continue to shape our industry’s future.A Unique Experience
The Summit’s innovative format to collaboration enables you to network, problem solve, and share More >
Described as the ‘Davos of Renewable Energy’ by Ed Miliband, the UK Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, the World Future Energy Summit has become the must-attend event for those wanting to play a role in the future of the industry. View film clip of WFES 2010.
20% of the 2010 WFES attendees were CEOs, the rest Senior Executives, making it a summit where real and high level decisions get taken to shape the industry.