Archive for January, 2010
Briefing Paper Kirsty Hamilton, December 2009
As negotiators and policymakers look beyond the high-level politics of a global climate change deal, attention will focus on implementation. This briefing paper looks at what policy needs to deliver to provide the conditions for scaled up investment in renewable energy, drawing on work with leading mainstream financiers.
- ‘Investment grade’ energy policy is a critical factor for unlocking significantly scaled-up capital flows into renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- To be ‘investment grade’, policy needs to tackle all the relevant factors that financiers assess when looking at a deal. It must be embedded in wider energy More >
January 29, 2010 World Future Energy Summit Last week’s World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi was a coming-together of state and industry leaders with plenty of unfinished business from December’s Copenhagen climate talks. by Jackie Jones, Consulting Editor Abu Dhabi, UAE [RenewableEnergyWorld.com]
The emirate of Abu Dhabi — one of the world’s leading oil and gas producers — has its focus on the future. A post-oil future. Abu Dhabi has started to put into practice a bold commitment to renewable and sustainable technologies that will enable it to continue as an energy leader after oil has declined.
But when it More >
Location: Tech Ranch 2311 W. Rundberg Lane Suite 200 Austin, TX 78758 Google Maps: http://tinyurl.com/ylldx4l
I and all the member of the Pecan Commons are looking forward to seeing you at the meeting on February 2nd to hear from you how you’d like to participate in the Pecan Street Project. As facilitators of the discussion, we and Pecan Street Project Executive Director Brewster McCracken look forward to hearing your thoughts.
I spoke with Brewster today and he’s was very excited More >
- Discover sustainability strategies & energy-efficient practices
- Learn about renewable & alternative energies
- Implement green building operations
- Questions answer in real-time by energy experts via live videos
- Browse a virtual exhibit floor for solution providers
- Add to your calendar:
Climate expert Nat Keohane uncovers the real facts behind clean energy legislation in our short video: “The Facts of Cap-and-Trade.” With some help from a team of animators, Nat explains why a cap on global warming pollution is the best option to create a better future for America.
January 27, 2010
SolarSaver Financing Allows Homeowners to Have All of the Benefits of a Custom Designed and Installed Solar Electric System for No Upfront Cost
By Scott SkenderBoulder, Colorado
SolarSaver is the only Colorado-based residential solar financing program. Currently SolarSaver offers two financing options to best meet the goals of Colorado homeowners: The SolarSaver PPA and the SolarSaver Lease.“For most people considering installing solar, the high initial capital investment is the primary obstacle. SolarSaver financing removes that obstacle and allows Lighthouse Solar customers to take advantage of solar today. We are very excited to be able to offer this truly win-win More >
Business & Commerce
2. Study options for reducing demand for electricity, including innovative pricing options relating to the use of smart meters, programmable thermostats, and other demand side management and behavioral response strategies. Review current consumer education programs to reduce demand, decrease energy prices, and improve air quality. Consider benefits and costs of alternative energy sources such as geothermal and solar, and current incentives for electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. The study should include recommendations on improving consumer knowledge and usage of these strategies in lowering overall electric usage, promoting energy efficiency, and improving the reliability of the ERCOT grid.
3. Study More >
After Copenhagan – the Tactics and the Treaty Start date: January 27, 2010 End date: January 27, 2010 Cost: FREE Location: Online Website: Visit event website
17:00 (GMT), 12:00 (EST), 9:00 (PST) >> What is the nature of the agreement that emerged from COP-15? >> What were the negotiating tactics behind it? >> Can an ambitious and binding treaty still be agreed
In the wake of the COP-15 summit in Copenhagen, the first Earthcast of 2010 will examine the treaty that emerged, the negotiating tactics behind it, and what the next steps are likely to be.
Experts Michael Grubb, David Satterthwaite and Richard More >
RSS feeds Inside Renewable Energy Clean Energy Stocks: How Policy Impacts Finance
After a dismal performance at the end of 2008 and into 2009, clean energy stocks faired much better moving into 2010. But the volatility is far from over. Because the cleantech industry is still so new, investors are trying to figure out how to properly value the growing list of public companies. In this podcast, we’ll look at how the sector faired financially over the last year. Rob Wilder, founder of WilderShares and a periodic contributor, joins us to talk about the More >